“Which Is Older? Giveaway” on Classic Hits Official Rules
Bill Stephens, Web Editor
October 11th, 2013
“Which Is Older? Giveaway” on Classic Hits
Radio Networks, LLC d.b.a. Cumulus Media Networks (the “Administrator/Sponsor”) will conduct the “Which Is Older? Giveaway” (the “Giveaway”) on behalf of Monroe® Shocks and Struts; a brand of Tenneco Automotive Operating Company Inc., (“the Presenter”) substantially as described in these rules. Administrator/Sponsor, Presenter, their respective parent, affiliate subsidiary and successor companies, and/or their advertising/promotional agencies are hereinafter known as the “Released parties.” By participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 18 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, U.S. RESIDENTS IF CURRENTLY LOCATED IN ANY OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) are eligible to participate in the Giveaway. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Administrator/Sponsor, the Presenter, and their subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
- Only one (1) winner from Cumulus Media Networks promotions per person, family or household every ninety (90) days is permitted.
- The Giveaway will begin on Monday October 14, at 5am CT and will run through 12mid CT Friday October 18, 2013 (the “Giveaway Period”).
- Entry Method: Listen to Classic Hits radio stations from 5am CT to 12mid CT daily during the Giveaway Period for a solicitation to call 1-800-833-9211 and be the 1st caller to correctly answer a trivia question.
- Winner Selection: Qualifier Prizes – Twenty (20) callers to 1-800-833-9211 who are the 1st caller to correctly answer the trivia question read on-air will each win a $50 American Express gift card and be qualified for the Grand Prize drawing. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected as a potential winner from among the twenty (20) Qualifiers on or about October 18, 2013. If it is determined that any caller is not eligible to receive the prize, in the Administrator/Sponsor’s sole judgment and discretion, another caller may be selected for eligibility consultation and this process may continue on until such time as an eligible caller is found, time permitting. In the unlikely event that no callers are found to meet the specifications, then the prize(s) will go un-awarded.
- Prize: Twenty (20) Qualifier Prizes of a $50 Amex gift card. One (1) Grand Prize of a $500 American Express gift card will be awarded to one of the twenty (20) winners of the qualifier prizes. All expenses and fees associated with the gift cards not expressly included in the foregoing prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. Approximate Total Retail Value of Qualifier Prizes: $1000. Total ARV of All Prizes: $1,500.
- Odds of winning a prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible listeners participating at any given time. This is a national Giveaway.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The Administrator/Sponsor shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
- As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner may be asked to complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, and if applicable, IRS W-9 form, within a specified period of time, releasing the Released Parties from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the Giveaway and acceptance, use, or non-use of the Giveaway prize. In the event of non-compliance with these requirements, any potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected, time permitting. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Prize returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed after being sent will be forfeited.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Released Parties shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any Giveaway and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this Giveaway.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Administrator/Sponsor to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Administrator/Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Administrator/Sponsor’s website.
- All entrants and winners agree to give the Administrator/Sponsor and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Administrator/Sponsor deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Released Parties in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Administrator/Sponsor owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Administrator/Sponsor.
- By participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Administrator/Sponsor. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Giveaway, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Administrator/Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Giveaway and the Administrator/Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Giveaway is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Administrator/Sponsor, the Administrator/Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Giveaway, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Administrator/Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Administrator/Sponsor are final. The Administrator/Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A GIVEAWAY ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR/SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By participating in this Giveaway, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the Giveaway and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the Giveaway or any participant’s failure to win the Giveaway or receive the prize, and to release the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the Giveaway, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
Administrator/Sponsor and Presenter are not responsible for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Giveaway, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing or posting of the offer or in these Official Rules, the selection or announcement of the winners, or the distribution of any prizes.
The Administrator/Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify the contest rules and dates at any time for any reason. Material modifications shall be announced on-air, when practical. By participating in this Giveaway, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by Administrator/Sponsor. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Administrator/Sponsor, any event associated with this Giveaway or the prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Administrator/Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Giveaway and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- A winners list may be obtained after December 1, 2013 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Which Is Older? Giveaway” on Classic Hits Winner’s List, Cumulus Media Networks, 261 Madison Avenue, 3rd Fl, New York, NY 10016
- Participating Presenter: Monroe® Shocks and Struts; a brand of Tenneco Automotive Operating Company Inc., 500 North Field Drive, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.
19. Sponsor: Cumulus Media Networks, 261 Madison Avenue, 3rd Fl, New York, NY10016